If you want to live your life to the fullest potential, take up the practice of life mapping or setting goals for yourself. Goal setting is a way of letting the universe know exactly what you want out of life. It is an extremely effective tool to help you manifest the things you desire.
Buried dreams, forgotten goals, and underdeveloped potentials will be things of the past if you begin to set your goals for your life. Goal setting is a powerful process that allows you to have greater control over your future and it is a skill can be applied to everything you do.
Life mapping- another term for setting life goals, is like having a map to show you where you want to go and avoid getting lost in the process. With your goals in tact, you can drive straight to your preferred destination without any wasted time or wrong turns.
Life Mapping: Getting Started
Start your goal setting with what you want to be, achieve, and have in your lifetime. Then work your way through a series of lower level or short term goals concentrating on the things you will have to do on a daily basis to achieve them. You will want to have a goal list as well as the action steps that will get you there. By using a structure like this, you will be able to break down the biggest plan you have into a number of smaller daily tasks to reach it.
Seek out books, programs, seminars, training’s and coaches to help you achieve your desired plans. Essentially, setting goals is an easy task to embark on; it’s just a matter of making it a habit and being committed to walking it out. Goal setting can be compared to dreaming and basically, putting it onto paper. Setting life goals is easy – manifesting them is the challenging part.
After setting your goals, make a serious pact to follow it. Keep the process going with the same fervor when you started it. You must refer to your goals everyday so you can modify your short term goals according to your changing priorities and experience, and yet continue on towards your larger plans. Don’t be guilty of writing them down and then placing them in a drawer somewhere never to be seen again.
In setting your life goals, here are a few guidelines on how to make your goals more effective:
- Write it down. Putting your ideas onto paper will help you remember them. These ideas are helpful in reaching your goals. Writing them down will also help reinforce the effectiveness of goal setting as they begin to come to pass.
- Not too high, not too low. It is important that you set goals that are realistic because you shouldn’t be shooting for the moon, at least in the beginning. Just as important is not to set them too low. Set goals that will not make you lazy but motivate you.
- Stay positive. Express your goals in a positive statement. Even with this small detail, it will help yourself to think more positively about your future.
- Be specific. Set a precise plan, including dates, times, and amounts so that you will know everything needed to achieve the goal and take pride from having achieved it.
- Prioritize. Give each of your objectives priority. You will have many goals to achieve but prioritizing will help you from feeling overwhelmed by the things you must do in a certain period of time.
In the process of following your goals, create a support system. This is a critical step. You will need to rally support for yourself in order to keep your focus, and keep you accountable. If you fail to get support, it may probably be the single reason why your goals aren’t realized.
Final pointers on Life mapping
Make sure to select goals that you are passionate about; those that are in agreement with your values; and give them a plan and a support system to make them a reality. You must be the one to decide what to pursue and what direction you want to aim for in life.
Life mapping techniques are commonly used by people who have achieved success in their chosen world, whether it in business, sports, health, entertainment, and so on. If you want to be a success story in your life, start mapping out your life goals now.